OKIOLABS provided a firmware update for the OKIOCAM S that resolves the incompatibilities between Zoom PWA on Chromebooks and the OKIOCAM S document camera described in our article: Zoom Outgoing Video is Blank or Frozen After Switching to OKIOCAM Doc Cam. OKIOLABS has additional details in their Help Center.
If your scholar's document camera does not send video in Zoom when connected to a Chromebook, this update applies to your device. This firmware update is not known to be relevant or applicable, nor is it known to be harmful for an OKIOCAM S connected to a Windows or Mac computer.
This firmware update is specifically for the document camera device. It does not update or change the device you are updating the document camera with. After the document camera is updated with a Windows or Mac computer, it will work with Chromebook devices. Please note that you cannot install the document camera update using a Chromebook device. Please see the steps below for more details.
Apply the Firmware Update
The video below will walk you through this process, which updates the firmware on the document camera.
- Use a Windows or Mac computer to download the firmware update attached to this article.
- Click here to download the Mac file or Click here to download the Windows file
- Windows S versions cannot execute the update executable
- The firmware update cannot be run from a Chromebook
- If you do not have access to a Mac or Windows computer, or do not feel comfortable with this process, please submit a help request so we can assist you personally.
- Connect the OKIOCAM S to your Mac or Windows computer.
- Extract the files from the ZIP file you downloaded in step 1. (Unzip on Windows, Unzip on MacOS)
- Launch the OKIOCAM S Firmware Update (OKIOCAM S Firmware Update.exe) from the location to which you extracted the file in the previous step.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Note that it is OK to apply this update over the v1002 firmware on some document cameras.
Verify the Update Resolved the Issue
- Restart your Chromebook (fully shut down, rather than just log out)
- Log in to the Chromebook.
- Plug in the Document Camera.
- Connect to a Zoom meeting in order to test the camera and confirm it is working properly. Schedule a quick conversation at https://greatheartsonline.org/talk-to-tech with anyone on our team to test this with you.
- When admitted, switch the camera to the OKIOCAM S document camera by clicking the ^ arrow on the camera button and selecting the OKIOCAM S camera.
- Start your video by clicking on the camera button labeled "Start Video".
- If you do not see your doc cam video start, please click here to submit a help request so we can connect with you to resolve the issue one-on-one.