For many scholars, the OKIOCAM S document camera is available without issues as a video source in Zoom and in a Canvas video or image submission assignment.
For some scholars, using the Zoom PWA (Progressive Web App) and switching Zoom video from the onboard camera to the USB OKIOCAM S document camera (doc cam) causes their outgoing video stream to freeze then go blank.
The instructions below are not generally relevant at this time, as we now have a permanent resolution from OKIOLABS. Please visit Updating OKIOCAM S Firmware for those instructions.
For many of the scholars experiencing this issue, the following workaround from OKIOLABS proves to be helpful:
We recommend the IPEVO Visualizer, rather than the OKIOLABS app mentioned on the product packaging. IPEVO Visualizer is pre-installed on Chromebooks issued by Great Hearts, and also available on the app store from https://www.ipevo.com/software/visualizer#download on a personal device.
- Exit any running Zoom sessions
- Plug in the doc cam
- Open IPEVO Visualizer from the blue lightbulb icon
- Click the Select Camera button in the top left corner. This button looks like a camera - a lens in the middle of a round stand on a triangle base.
- Select the OKIOCAM S doc cam from the list of cameras
- Leave IPEVO Visualizer running
- Join your Zoom meeting
- Switch to your document camera when ready by clicking the camera icon on the bottom of the Zoom window, then selecting the OKIOCAM