Canvas Inbox is a lightweight messaging tool we use for communications between scholars and teachers. At this time, scholars cannot message one another, but they can message teachers and staff in their courses. Teachers and staff use Canvas for academic and assignment-related conversations.
To learn more about Canvas Inbox, please see
- What is the Inbox?
- Inbox Overview (All Users) (video)
- How do I use the Inbox as a student?
- How do I use the Inbox as an instructor?
For more advanced topics, please see
- Notification Settings (All Users) (video)
- How do I manage my Canvas notification settings as a student?
- How do I manage my Canvas notification settings as an observer?
- How do I manage my Canvas notification settings as an instructor?
For introduction information on Canvas, please see Getting Started with Canvas or Scholars.
For more information on how to use Canvas, please see the Scholar Information & Resources > Canvas section of the Help Center.