As of January 16, 2023, the 5.13.5 (12053) version of the Zoom client resolves this issue.
As of January 10, 2023, Zoom meeting links do not work for users after they sign in to https://zoom.us.
If you are on a Windows or Mac computer, and regularly open links by signing in to zoom.us or greathearts.zoom.us and entering a meeting id, we recommend instead using the + Join button in the desktop client to join meetings.
If you are on a Chromebook, we recommend using provided links, rather than joining by meeting id.
Steps to Reproduce Issue
- Open browser and visit a Zoom meeting link. This will work: the desktop client will come to the foreground, and the meeting will launch.
- Browse to zoom.us and sign in with the same account used in the desktop client (for GHO users, this is our greatheartsonline.org or greatheartsnova.org Google account).
- Open a new tab in your browser.
- Close the zoom tab (not strictly necessary, this is only to demonstrate that this is related to browser session and not open tabs).
- Visit the same Zoom link as in step 1 above. The desktop client will come to the foreground, but the meeting will not launch, even if manually activating the "Launch" button from the displayed web page.
- Close the browser, and re-open the browser, then visit the link again. Or, clear cache and cookies, then visit the Zoom meeting link without first signing in at zoom.us.
We are able to reproduce this problem using Chromium browsers (Chrome, Brave, Edge), and also Mozilla Firefox browser.
We are in contact with Zoom support (case number 16273097) and will update this article as more details are available.